Reusable Cloth Pads
Look no further for a lox-tox, sustainable option.
Earthside Eco Bums reusable cloth pads are preventing thousands of single-use disposable pads and tampons from entering landfill and our waterways.
Highly absorbent bamboo is keeping harmful toxins away from your delicate areas. Water-resistant, breathable and with 4 handy sizes to cater to your specific needs.
Designed to suit all needs and manage various levels of absorbency.
- Light Flow Pad is designed short like a panty-liner, and is super lightweight and suitable for light leaks, daily wear and light post-partum incontinence. Length 19cm
- Medium Flow Pad is suitable for Medium flow and daily use, being longer than panty-liner in length. Length 25cm
- Heavy Flow Pad is suitable for daily use with heavy periods. Length 27cm
- Ultra Heavy Flow Pads are specifically shaped to accommodate for overnight, super heavy bleeding and post-partum bleeding. Length 36cm
Pads can be purchased individually or as a set of 5.
Each Set Contains
- 5 x Reusable cloth pads
- 1 x Mini Wet Bag
How much will you save? $$$
The average woman will spend approximately $120 per year on disposable sanitary items, which over the lifetime of their menstrual cycle alone, (approximately 35 -40 years) can equate to an average of $3500-$5000.
That sounds like a pretty good holiday fund to me!
- Pre-wash before first use to help activate absorbent fibres.
- After use hand-rinse in cool water until water runs clear. Gently squeeze out excess water and add to your dry-pail until machine wash day.
- Main Cycle Every 2-3 days. MAX 50deg cycle. Use the recommended dosage of detergent. Can be added to your regular washing loads. Avoid loads with large towels/sheets.
- Drying: Line dry recommended with fabric lining facing sunshine to avoid damage to water proofing layer. Tumble-dry on low heat settings or portable clothes airer. Ensure pads are completely dry before storing away.
*Note. Do NOT soak in napisan, bleach or detergents or use softeners as this may damage the fabrics and interfere with absorbency. Do not iron.
Just as every cycle length is unique, so is your flow.
It is recommended that you change your cloth pad as you would a disposable pad. In general, roughly every 3-4 hours during the day.
Nights are a little different. If you size up depending on your flow the one pad should last the night.
Our reusable Cloth Pads consist of a water-resistant PUL layer which will protect you from any leaks! It's the same wonderful, breathable fabric that we use in our cloth nappies.
Our wings are designed to snap fasten around the base of underwear for security. With two snaps to choose from, ensuring a tight snap keeps your pad in place.
The absorbent layers are made with varying numbers of thirsty layers of bamboo cotton which also provide a soft surface for the skin to touch.